Sunday, September 20, 2015

Ipsy: September Glam Bag Review



Woohoo! It's Ipsy day! Okay, Ipsy day was actually three days ago, but life was kind of flying. I have to tell you guys, this is the absolute least I've ever looked at spoilers. I saw at one point a few things that were in there, and for about a split second what the bag looked like, but that was it. I didn't go through and read the reviews and have a bias toward what I was going to like or not like (which I do normally), so I was pretty anxious to get that pink metallic bag in the mail.

The first thing that I noticed was the mailer bag was thick. Sweet! I opened it and saw that it was thick because one of the items that was included, but couldn't fit in the actual bag, was a purple metallic eyelash curler. Huh. I know a lot of women would be thrilled by that, and it looks like a pretty decent one, but my eyelashes are already pretty curly. I know, I know... don't hate me. It'd be great for anyone except me. To the giveaway pile it goes.

I unzipped the bag (more on that in a sec) and pulled out an Ipsy-NYX trio of eyeshadows. At first I wasn't super enthused, since I have more eyeshadow than I will wear on 1000 dates, but upon closer inspection I think this is actually a base-crease-liner trio, which is awesome. And it's travel sized! The bronzes are gorgeous, and the charcoal grey is perfect. Keeping this one!

The next thing I pulled out was a "Trust Fund Beauty" box. Since I am such a beauty neophyte, I had no idea what it was. Turns out, it's nail polish. The color they sent me was "Elegantly Wasted" (oxymoron, if you ask me), and I honestly can't figure out if I kinda love it or kinda hate it. It's a purple-gray, and I actually like it decently well actually on my nail, but not so much in the bottle. I will give them this, though: they are cruelty-free and vegan, plus non-toxic, so you better believe I'll be checking out this brand.

Next out was a cute little Avene moisture mask. And when I say cute, I mean cute! I think I audibly "awwww"ed when I pulled it out. That said, I don't see how it will be very useful. I think it might contain enough to do one cheek, and we'll see how it goes. Thus far, my biggest reaction to it is that the packaging is in mostly French. So maybe this is how sophisticated Europeans do their moisture masks, one cheek at a time?

The last item in the bag was a bronze eyeliner. If I'm being 100% honest, and I try to be on here, I'm not sure I have the guts to wear it. It seems a little out there for me, style-wise. But the color is just drop-dead gorgeous, and it looks silky smooth, so I will attempt to be brave at least once this week. Possibly with make-up remover and washcloth in hand.

And now, finally, to the bag. Truthfully, I would've spent $10 just on this. It's a luxe, buttery copper color, with waves in the front that simultaneously remind me of the beach and a saddle. It's perfect for Fall, and if I'm feeling super fancy at some point, I just might use it as a clutch. No joke.

Well, that's September! I think Ipsy did a great job of transitioning to Fall from Summer. These colors have got me yearning for soup, scarves, and boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment