Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Chicken Bake Pizza


I've been craving a Costco Chicken Bake all day. So finally, I got off my butt and went to the store. Since we have company, I told them I'd go get a few for dinner and we'd have a feast. As I pulled up, I thought, "huh. The parking lot is suspiciously empty." There was literally not a car to be seen. Dangit! They were closed. Fail.

Not to be outdone, I thought, "well I'll just make them myself!" But we didn't have any roll dough that could be unfrozen in time, especially since the company had to leave within an hour.

I remembered a pizza dough recipe I'd used before that didn't need to rise, and decided to make a pizza that was inspired by chicken bakes. Hooray! Day saved (kinda).

The great thing I discovered about this pizza is that I already had almost everything on-hand. I bought the caesar dressing, but that was it. Double hooray!

For the crust:*
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25) package active dry yeast (or 2.25 teaspoons if you're using yeast from a jar)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 heaping tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water (110 degrees or so)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (or 350 if using a dark pan). Mix all dry ingredients together (flour, yeast, sugar, salt). Then, using the dough hook (if you're using an electric mixer), slowly mix in the water and olive oil. If the dough is slightly sticky, add small amounts of flour until it holds together well.


Grease a cookie sheet or pizza stone. I found this recipe perfectly fit an 11x17 cookie sheet. Spread the dough out with your fingers until it reaches the edge.


For the pizza:
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
2/3 cup pre-cooked bacon, crumbled or cut into small pieces
1 stalk green onions, diced
1/4 cup caesar dressing (or to taste)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used colby jack, but mozzarella would be great)

First, add the caesar dressing. Start out small - a little goes a long way!


Next, add the chicken.


And the bacon.


Top off with the green onions.


Finally, cover everything with cheese. If you love cheese like I do, this will be your favorite part!


Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.


Totally satisfied my need for a chicken bake! It might not be 100% a duplicate, but it is a darn good substitute. My dinner company snapped it up immediately and it was eaten in about 5 minutes. A definite hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment